Often in markets and in shops we can hear that nectarine is a hybrid: a mixture of peach with a plum, apricot or apple, from which we make the wrong conclusion about the lack of vitamins and minerals in nectarine. We want to dispel this myth: nectarine appeared as a result of the genetic mutation of the peach, that is, the scientist noticed that fruits with smooth skin appeared on the peach tree and fixed this species. Also, do not get scared when you hear about the "mutation", because it was natural and has nothing to do with GMOs. In fact, nectarine has all the useful properties of a classic peach and even more.
To drink summer to the bottom!
The medicinal properties of this fruit will be told to us by the composition of nectarine, rich in vitamins of group A, B, C and minerals (potassium, magnesium, phosphorus , iron). And now we will consider more in detail the beneficial effect of each vitamin and a microelement that contains nectarine:
- Vitamin A (beta-carotene), which is evidenced by the bright color of this fetus, is necessary for our eyes and bones, as well as for the normal functioning of the immune system.
- Vitamin B together with fiber and pectin will help to cope with digestive problems for lovers of fatty and heavy food, and also answer the question: slackens nectarine or strengthens? With regular use of this fruit promotes rapid defecation, with constipation, it is recommended to drink 50 ml of fresh juice of nectarine before eating.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) normalizes the work of the nervous system, as a powerful antioxidant prevents the aging of the body.
- Potassium and magnesium improves the functioning of the cardiovascular system. Potassium displaces sodium from the body, the edema decreases, blood pressure decreases and the heart works more easily.
- The use of phosphorus is known to us, it is part of the bone tissue, affects the quality of teeth and bones.
- Iron provides oxygen to the brain tissue and the whole body, is involved in the creation of hemoglobin.
Nectarine is a dietary product
This sweet fruit contributes to the preservation of a slim figure, due to its low caloric content (44 kcal per 100 g), and because of its high fluid content (87%) is suitable for snacks and desserts. Sources of calories in nectarine are carbohydrates, which are represented by sugars ( fructose , glucose and sucrose), so diabetics and people with high amounts of sugar in the blood should not get carried away.
The difference between peach and nectarine
Nectarine is called an improved peach. It is more sweet, fragrant and superior to its fellow in the amount of ascorbic acid and carotene. In addition, on a fluffy peach skin, harmful substances are collected, and this is dangerous for people suffering from allergies.
Beautiful outside and dangerous inside
It is very important not only to know about the beneficial properties of nectarine, but also to bring them to the body, so when buying
We look at external signs - the fruit should be sufficiently dense, smooth, without defects. The stake should not be defeated, it is a sign of over-ripeness.
We ask you to cut the fruit - the bone must be whole, if it falls apart or falls inward, then the producers go too far with pesticides and nitrates.
Keep fruit should be so that the fruits do not press against each other, because when touched, they ripen and quickly deteriorate. Store nectarines in a paper bag, cut down, in a dark place at room temperature.
We use nectarine with skin, as it contains all vitamins, fibers and trace elements. Sugars and liquid are in the pulp.